Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sunny Saturday

Hi All,
Well today started out dark and dreary but has turned into a beautiful day. After breakfast I went returned to the room and read the paper then I noticed that the sun was coming out. I changed and went to the roof top pool where I joined quite a few other expats enjoying the sun. Stayed out only about 45 min as not to burn and then went into the sauna and sweated out yesterdays Vodka and Tonic's - yum. Caught up with friend Amr - from Egypt, he's an ENT doctor and he and I are going to go to have Turkish coffee at 6p tonight and he will smoke some shisha (sp) water pipe with tobacco or some variant. Not me - I had that shisha stuff for about 2 puffs and you can keep it. I'll take my camera along to record the event and will post pics at a later time.
Hopefully will go to the fish market later on. If not there's always another day.
I got an SMS - ( text message) that my bank has sent my bank card - evidently nothing happens without it - and I should receive shortly Another step closer to being "settled" in country.
More later
Scott

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you told me about your blog.This will be a great way for all of us in cyber land to keep up with your "happenings." I've thought about starting one myself but alas, my life just isn't exciting enough to post daily. The fresh fish sounds wonderful. Can't wait to hear about the produce. Post more pics! Take care. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I'm shocked that an ENT would be smoking anything. It's sunny here in Louisville today. I'm with Beth - send more pics. I am also anxiously awaiting tales of the produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Right?

    Go ask Alice
    When she's ten feet tall
    And if you go chasing rabbits
    And you know you're going to fall
    Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
    Has given you the call
    Recall Alice
    When she was just small
    And the White Knight is talking backwards
    And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
    Remember what the dormouse said;
    "FEED YOUR HEAD"

    ReplyDelete