Friday, April 3, 2009

Hi All
It 's Friday and it's the weekend. Went to breakfast at 8:30 and ate with some of my Mafraq friends talked hospital politics and relaxed. After about an hour back to my room to check on the load of laundry I put in and just read the paper while listening to some of the music I loaded into my laptop before I left. My morning radio station comes out of Abu Dhabi , has Brits as hosts and is a Disco format. Luckily I only listen to it of about a 1/2 total before I'm out the door. Absolutely possible - but then my other choices are Islam call to prayer and frankly that doesn't trip my trigger at all !
Changed into gym shorts and went up to the roof top pool and read until it started to sprinkle. Moved into the sauna and sweated for about 15 minutes returning to my room about 1p. Got cleaned up and walked over to a resort hotel and checked out their spa, pool and facilities - squash gym beach etc. Cost of the membership is WAY out of line - as in $3000 USD per year per person - not worth it lots of other places to check out But I have to admit it was a nice place - just not that nice.
So I walked down the street to the grocery, picked up some basic and also bought some pickles from the deli - local fare - quite good. and also bought 2 salmon steaks for under $6 - guess what is for dinner tonight. Back to the hotel, having a vodka and tonic and watching "A Few Good Men" with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson.
My Love to all
Scott

1 comment:

  1. Dudeist have you seen the moive Illusionist with Ed Norton yet?

    ReplyDelete