Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bank Account FINALLY

Hi All,
Sorry about that comma in the website , It's dark in my apartment ( I think they put 3o watt bulbs in to save money) and it's difficult to see the keyboard.
Speaking of being dark, you know dark blue and black slacks look almost identical in low lighting. My tie is tan and black - to match my shirt and pants - should have been tan and blue. Noticed it when I got to the bus stop.
Opening a bank account here is also a matter of an excercise in patience. For me it's handled thru HR - they send the papers over for me to sign - leave the spaces blank except phone number and email address ( getting a cell phone here is also a process)
So I send the papers over last week, and the bank guy comes and picks them up on Thursday ( our last day of the week) I'm told I will get an SMS - their version of Text Message - when the account is opened. It will have my account number and to expect a ATM to be delivered to me in about 4 days.
I'm supposed to be paid monthly and it is automatically deposited into my account - yes - if you have no account, you don't get paid. Hence my anxiousness to get the account. WELL Sunday and Monday - no SMS - I call Tuesday - Oh Mr. Scott I'm so sorry our system was down - It will be today - HA - no SMS - I call Wed. Oh Mr Scott I am very sorry , your papers were submitted and there has been a delay you will get by 3p. HA - I call this morning - Oh Mr. Scott they are working on it now. Well I just got the SMS I have an account. - but no pay as I missed the end of the month and no account to deposit it into.
But I kinda figured that this was going to get screwed up so I talked to the HR guy early in the week and said - no bank account - but I want my pay. OK - Ok I will get a check for you . No check Tuesday ( the end of the month) no check yesterday and when I called him this morning - I will get it for you by 1. I called about 10 til 1 and he said he'd call me when he got the check. It's now 1:22 and no call.
ARGH

No comments:

Post a Comment