Monday, April 27, 2009

Some Say it's Warm


Hi All,

Monday 3p

Some say it's warm , I say it's HOT - 106 F today - and it's only going to get hotter. Add to the heat, the humidity here. Being on the ocean , we have high humidity which just makes things even worse. I was asking a sales rep here - who just so happens to have gone to school in Albany NY which he preferred, the hot or the cold - he immediately answered the cold - as you can always put something else on to get warm , but when you get down to your skin, there is nothing else to take off and you are still hot !

Alex - our son at the United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland, USA ( chuckle Christine) received his class ring and has sent me the attached picture. We are certainly proud of him.

Well saw the same villas and townhouses I saw on Saturday so nothing to report. I think I'll continue looking - as my first priority needs to be a car. Trying to get to the DMV is the problem. Guess What , they close between 1 - 4:30 - then open back up til 7p. - I don't know why. They just do. Also need to get my Emirates ID card. that's about 400 AED. The drivers lic. is about 300 AED - If you haven't figured it out, although there is no tax here, there are these "hidden" taxes - everyone has their hand out for a fee along the way.

Well until I get home to post some other pics, that's all I have.

Take Care

Love to all.

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Dude Like Duh? It's a matter of calibration. No wonder you feel hot - you're using Fahrenheit, use Celsius and you will feel cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still can't believe it came out as well as it did.

    ReplyDelete