Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hi all, well just an update, I arrived her on March 13 sans luggage. Took 4 days to get 2 of my bags with the thirs and last bag on the 6th day. Was very frustrating and the people in Cleveland should be shot for not forwarding my bag onto Toronto But Oh well it's in the past now. But by day 4, my clothes could stand in the corner by them selves.
The 8 hr time difference had my jet lag raging for about a week.
I'm living in a hotel apartment w/ a small kitchen - which has only two burner surfaces - no microwave, no oven. Cooking is a challenge trying to keep all things moving and timed to serve at the same time.
Mafraq Hospital is out about 20 miles into the desert . I'm in awe of the vastness of nothingness.
We've had windstorms which pick up the sand and blows it across the road like snow being driven and rain storms which are rare at this time of year.
One interesting thing is the law requires you to have a clean car. Dirty cars can be ticketed. If you know my Dad, he'd be in dire trouble as I could probally count on one hand the number of times I've seen him wash a car in all my years. He's a purist - nature dirtys it, nature cleans it.
Sorry Dad.
Well I promise to write more.
Thanks for your support and for taking care of Christine. She needs all your loving.
Scott

2 comments:

  1. Clean Cars! That's a new one on me. If there is anything I can do for you or Christine, please let me know. Later my friend.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, my friend,
    I look forward to each installment of the Scott Adventure. It is a crying shame when we have to get vicarious thrills thru the exploits of their friends. Thanks for sharing!
    All's well on the Homefront, so to speak.
    Love, Drew

    ReplyDelete