Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Orientation, Medical and Rules

The Ruler of Abu Dhabi - Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Note the construction in the background.
The Emirates Palace hotel - HUGE Upscale and will visit when Christine gets here.

This was taken when I went to the beach and swam - these guys have Arabic music playing on a boom box and they are dancing. The tower in the background is part of the Marina Mall - so are theose other tent like structures near it - all part of the complex - and they are still adding on

Hi All Tuesday 8p here
Well since I posted last , I've discovered that there is nothing wrong with me , I had a 2 day orientation program and went to SEHA to hear more rules on how to order supplies. Let me digress. The medical - well last week I had my physical and they had a question about the chest xray. So I got another xray and all is fine - well now they are having a time trying to get the radiologist report that I am fine - then Hmm where is that medical chart Hmm of we'll look tomorrow so as of today - still no official clearence and no getting the residence visa - yet it will come.
The orientation program is something that all hospitals give and I've been to my fair share - well here was no different - but OMG at least 50% had no relevance to me at all and 20% was only partially relevant - On day one afternoon a group of Indian Nurses said they watched me fall asleep my head bobbing then jerking up - not completely out but wish I had been. Then every 15 min break we'd get, I 'd run back to my office do 10 min. worth of work then come back for more torture.
Today I and a few others went to SEHA - like the governing body of the hospitals in the UAE and we talked about contracts, the difficulties of dealing with the long lead times - 60 - 90 days on supplies and our apparent difficulty at Mafraq on using contracted suppliers. My staff has some changes ahead of them.
This weekend is the Red Bull Air Races and I'm looking forward to a weekend with a different venue. Take care my friends.
Love Scott

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lord, Your meetings sound like our briefs, long, not relevent and completely boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have brought your sleep apnea machine with you to the orientation. Then nobody would have "heard" you falling asleep. Be sure to get some photos at the Red Bull Air Races.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ou-La-La! Oh Boy! The Beach Boys look so - Happy & Gay. The tower could charm the pants off the beauties at South Beach. Be careful when bending over to pick up sea shells.

    ReplyDelete