Saturday, May 30, 2009

Spending Money

Hi All
5a Sunday, May 31


I'm taking today off and Christine and I will get over to the villa early for a swim then out for some more Spend-O-Rama. We are narrowing down the list as we tick off items. Yesterday was another big Ikea day. Bought a matching leather love seat and recliner as well as sheets, pillows duvet, towels, lamps and a few kitchen items. I knew all the bedclothes were not a cheap proposition but until we started looking - from thread count that you could see through to over the top and luxurious, I really didn't have any idea as to quality and cost. Glad Christine was along to guide me as she was in her element. I also stopped and picked up another wicker chair - sitting on the tile floor is not recommended.

Prior to the Ikea trip, we had gone out to the villa and in route I called the service desk as we had a few repairs - water leak and A/C. Well as I'm pulling up, so did the troops. Discovered that the water valve into the house was off and when finally located - in the kitchen ceiling and also found that all bathrooms have a zone valve too. So got the water on, and got the various leaks repaired when the pressure was built up in the line. The A/C guy fixed what ever the problem was for 2 of the bedrooms and also the maids room. Although this ate up about 1 1/2 hr's it was well worth getting it done before the big delivery day which is Tuesday. I also climbed to the roof with the technicians and saw all the A/C and water tank set up so am now familiar with that as well - but remind me not to do this in 105 degree temps again.

For the past few days Christine and I have also been looking for some good pots and pans. As most know I am a fairly decent cook and the tools are important to me. The most common here are cheap aluminium pots w/ plastic handles - none of which could withstand the temps and abuse a cook gives. We had seen some good quality Celphalon products at a speciality store and so after we had mule hauled the Ikea booty out to the car - parked in 115 degree weather, in the shade, we went back into the mall and purchased the the 8-piece set. We had the clerk help us out to the car with it and it was back to the hotel for a well deserved rest and cocktail. That accomplished, we went out to get dinner - a whole rotisserie chicken with flat bread. pickled veggies, hummus and labenth - a yogurt which is tangy. - all for $8.10 US. We brought it back and ate in the room. With moving out of the city, I am going to have to find all new locations to get food like this, dry cleaner, liquor store etc. - Yet another adventure.

Today's adventure includes more shopping for the smaller items on the list plus a trip to Toyota and the US Embassy. This is after we go to the villa , I have some admin stuff to work with the rental office and a nice swim. Tomorrow it's back to work but not really. I have to go to a meeting at another hospital that is 1 1/2 hr's away - in the desert - so Christine is going with me. The hospital driver is taking us so I will have him take her around town shopping and then come and pick me up when the meeting is over. We'll get back to the hospital for a few hours for me and I will have the driver take Christine over to the villa where I will collect her at the end of the day. This way I can get caught up on some emails before going back to work on Tuesday.

Well that wraps it up for today. More later.

Love to all.
Scott

2 comments:

  1. A maids room?!? What's up with that? Sounds like you're getting more settled and very appreciative of Christine being there. How about a photo of both of you? Sorry about the car. My first, brand new car, was hit by a grocery cart after just 2 weeks. I feel your pain. Love to you both. B

    ReplyDelete