Thursday, May 28, 2009

WOW What a Day

Hi All- Thursday, 10p May 28
Well the past week has been a whirlwind with Christine arriving , me ordering a car, getting the villa " warmed up" with utilities, cleaned. and on top of that, work has been screamingly insane with workload over the top. I was to get my car yesterday and had a nasty interchange with my sales rep who over promised and under delivered last night. Well today I get a call at 11:15a car is ready and come and get it. About 1 1/2 hr's later I pull into the hospital in my new 2009 Camary. Color White - too damn hot to consider any other color. Today was 46c or 114F hot but just beginning to be summer. Fear it? - I do.
I got back to the hotel at about 4p and picked up Christine. We drove over to Ikea and we bought a bed, 2 night stands, dining room table, 4 chairs, and a kitchen island. This on top of a dinnerware set and other sundries.
Next stop was Carrefores - Huge upscale Walmart where we bought stove , refrigerator, washer/dryer and microwave - I passed on the dishwasher until I can find what I want. Also got a flat screen TV and then went and got satellite TV service with Tivo.
Now all of this is going to be installed/ delivered on Tuesday June 1. Christine has the duty to watch over all this so before we left Ikea , she insisted on a wicker chair to rest in while the minions delivered and installed. I gratefully complied.
Following our shopping spree, and after dinner at Fudruckers (Christine was about to gnaw her arm off - or better yet, my head if I didn't feed and water her), we drove out to my villa - well I got lost x2 on the way there but finally got situated and dropped off all the booty. Came back to the hotel , paid the valet less than $4 and he will have my car ready for me at 8a in front of the hotel as requested.
Our plan for tomorrow is to go out to the villa, swim at the club house, return to town at 12 to visit Cary and Shauna and to buy their sofa and love seat, computer desk and other items. They are leaving for India soon via Colorado for a months vacation. After that it's back to the stores to get more booty to outfit the villa. As I said WOW what a day. More later
Love to all
Scott and Christine

1 comment:

  1. Bet you didn't think you'd be setting up a household at this point in life. It, life, definitly throws some interesting things at us. Smart choice of car color. Not only will it repel the heat but, white doesn't show dirt so badly. Have a lovely, relaxing time poolside. Oh, I do not envy you the heat. You'd be scooping me off of the pavement, literally, as too much heat causes me to pass slam out. How about some more photos? Love to you both. Beth

    ReplyDelete