Thursday, November 12, 2009

Al Ain and Jebal Hafeet

The Fort in Al Ain
A "Typical" Palace at the base of Jebal Hafeet

A view from higher up the mountain.


About half way up.

Christine and I at the hotel's restaurant with nothing but Al Ain at our feet from Jebal Hafeet.

This photo looks like an ad for Ozzie Ltd - note the Kameleon ring and sunglasses. Interchangeable centers: perfect for traveling. Have been asked numerous times about the necklace - engraved on one side with our names and anniversary date, other side our sons names and their birth dates. When people ask what "my" store sells, I just start at the top and work my way down to switchflops. So, should I start the Abu Dhabi Ozzie Ltd franchise?
Okay, back to our travels. Al Ain is the home of first president of UAE and so gets preferential treatment: yes, that is exactly what you are thinking.... money pours into the city for improvements and tourist attractions. However, Al Ain is an oasis and has much to offer on its own. There are historical forts and museums and so much that is way older than most of us are used to. Scott and I will certainly return to Al Ain over the next few years of Scott's time here.
Al Ain is one of the places Scott plans to take Alex over the Christmas break from USNA - possibly one of Alex's last holidays before his graduation in May of 2010. As a History major (and Arabic minor) at school, we know that Alex will find this ancient area of the world so very interesting - as do we.
More pictures and more details of our time together to follow, Love , Christine and Scott

1 comment:

  1. I really love the photos and up-dates! I can't believe you wore black in that heat. I'd be melting. More photos please. Happy Birthday to Scott. Safe travels home, Christine!!!

    ReplyDelete