Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Award Winner

John Nickens, Darshak and I with our medals.
John and I

Darshak and John


Hi All,
Wednesday, 28 July 2008

Last week at the Leadership Council (monthly meeting of all department heads) Myself and fellow employee Darshak Shah (Finance) were awarded the "Top Performer's Club" medal. This is a new team building recognition program initiated by the President and CEO, John Nickens. Darshak and I were the first "winners" of this award.
Needless to say, I was shocked, humbled and honored to have been presented with the award. Here is the nomination for which I was chosen:

I would like to nominate Scott Morrow as a Top Performer. He is always considerate and professional with colleagues and customers, despite the pressure of his department.
Scott is always honest and realistic with timescales, and since his arrival, there has been a marked improvement in the customer service attitude of others in the purchasing team.
Purchasing is one department which is often overlooked, but ultimately supports every aspect of the hospital’s function, and deserves to be recognised.
I hope that you will reward Scott as a member of the Top Performers Club for his contribution to Mafraq Hospital.
Thank you

You would have thought they were talking about someone else- I did when John was reading the nomination before announcing my name. I know I was blushing. It's not too often you get to toot you're own horn - but there you have it.
Before you ask - Nothing comes with the award except the medal and the recognition of having been awarded it.

Love to all,
Scott









2 comments:

  1. You deserve to toot your own horn. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, so pleased that your efforts are being recognized. I suggested that Christine should send something to the local paper in New Albany - hope she's going to do that.

    ReplyDelete