Monday, August 24, 2009

Ramadan Kareem

Hi All, Monday Aug. 24, 2009
As the title says, Ramadan Kareem - or Wishing You a Happy Ramadan - has started. I am fasting during the day at work which has been shortened by 2 hours per the law so I'm home by 3p daily. Awfully strange - but who's complaining? ( except you now try to jam 10 hours work into 8 hours) If you get caught eating or drinking you could receive a fine - something I'd rather avoid.
When I left work yesterday and the temp was 118F. Toasty !
I had dinner with my neighbors yesterday - the Finn and Brit along with a couple of Scot's. The Finn had her sister there - the 4 different languages - Finn, Scott, Brit and American were something to hear.
Still swimming most every day - although yesterday was spent inside watching West Ham play football ( soccer) - Chris - my Brit friend across the street is converting me. West Ham went up 1- nil but lost 1 - 2 to Tottem because of a bonehead play. We were both gritting our teeth.
I've watched Cricket and have discovered I like watching paint dry as it's more interesting! Quite a boring game. There is also lots of Rugby on TV as well - now there is a brutal sport.
As you have guessed, I'm not getting out much and using my Internet and TV as my main forms of entertainment. Going out costs you money and I'm all about saving it.
Back to swimming - I'm doing on average just over 1000m per day - not much but at least its better than nothing. I lost my good goggles ( forgot them in the shower) so I'm using uncomfortable back ups. Christine is ordering new ones for me and will bring them when she comes in October as they are not available locally.
Work is as busy as always - however some things are starting to fall into place - not to say I'm comfortable or anything - not by a long shot - but at least we are headed in the right direction.
Not much to report but just wanted to check in. I'll try and remember to add some pictures later on of when I went to Al Ain - some fantastic dunes.
Take Care
Scott

1 comment: